Tuesday, April 7, 2009

National Eat Out Month

http://images2.cafemom.com/images/user/gallery/post_1492152_1234371993_med.jpg

The Houlihan's Restaurants, Inc. has taken the initiative to
declare the month of April as a national holiday 'National Eat
Out Month'. The Vice President said, "69 percent of adults
with children surveyed say purchasing meals from restaurants,
take-out and delivery places makes it easier to manage their
day-to-day lives."

In what many classify as an economic crisis in our nation, statistics
prove that many individuals are still spending big money on
quick meals.

  • If you were to estimate how much money you spent every month eating out how much would it be?
  • How often did you eat out as a child? How does that affect your patterns of eating out in your adult life?
  • What are some money saving tips you practice that you can share to help save someone else a few dollars at the end of the month?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I know I eat out more than what I grew up on. My mom made us cook or she cooked everyday, or we would prepare dishes for a couple of days and put them in the freezer.

    I would say some months I can spend more than I care to state, and other months I do pretty good and maybe spend 50 to 60 a month in eating out. Now granted I am not just feeding myself I am feeding six kids, also. (my two sons and my niece and nephews)

    I can say when I get on a role in saving money, I put money up in envelopes and put titles on them. Each one when I have extra I put a little in. One could be labled vacation, car, tv ect, so this helps me from having extra money in my pocket to spend.

    l.owens

    ReplyDelete